In this episode we talk with friend and colleague Brandon Bryant with Red Tree Builders in Asheville, North Carolina. Not only is he a past guest, he is one of the first to sport the Builder Nuggets flip flops that we started giving away during the show. We discuss why events like the International Builders Show are so valuable, mental health, and a few other topics.
Show highlights include:
- How the NHB’s new “DEI Initiative” will fill the labor gaps in the construction industry (3:32)
- The “Everybody’s Struggling” secret for improving the mental health for yourself and your team (9:37)
- The counterintuitive way giving your team members more half days off makes them more productive and profitable (11:09)
- How spending 30 minutes in the sun every day makes burnout impossible (12:23)
- Why forcing your teammates to ignore calls and texts after hours will keep them around longer than offering them more money will (14:00)
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.