Join us for a conversation with custom home builder Andrew Black and learn how his quest to find a better way to run his business led to 500% growth, multiple offices, and a team that’s never been happier. We’ve featured other members of his team in Episode 21 & Episode 26 so thought it was time to talk to the guy who started it all. We were worried that he’d start feeling left out.
Show highlights include:
- Why focusing more on operations rather than production is the key ingredient to growing a successful business (3:09)
- The weird way growing too fast can bankrupt your business (10:41)
- How promoting your project managers to owners prevents them from bailing on your company for something else (and helps you keep your sanity as your grow) (18:32)
- The “Incubator Secret” that attracts the best builders to your team
- Constantly finding ways to improve in every aspect of the business (22:13)
- Truthfully it’s not that hard to have high revenue. What’s hard is to have an NOI at the end of the year that's positive (30:34)
- How your operations are the difference between a 7 or 8% NOI and a 0% NOI (even if you’re a multi-million dollar business) (31:14)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.