Starting out as a financial advisor is simple: If you join a big firm, you don’t have to build relationships with brokerages or create your own brochures and other marketing materials.
But that comfort comes at a cost: Big firms can restrict how and where you market. They can limit who you work with and what your clients can invest in.
But you don’t have to live with these limitations. Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs) have almost complete freedom in their business.
This week’s guest Brad Wales helps financial advisors transition to RIAs so they can have complete freedom in their own business without worrying about company guidelines.
Want to find out how to reclaim your freedom in your business? Listen now!
Show highlights include:
- How “going RIA” gives you more flexibility and more revenue. (5:38)
- Why the “knuckleheads” in your firm restrict your marketing and lower your revenue (even if they have no authority and zero clients). (6:17)
- How the RIA model lets you take home 60-70% of the revenue you generate (if you’re willing to take on extra responsibility). (12:02)
- 2 words of advice that let you never worry about company restrictions again.(14:00)
- Why you’re indirectly paying expensive compliance firms (even if they’ve never sent you a bill). (18:04)
- How you’re subsidizing the worst advisors at your firm (unless you’re already independent). (20:35)
- Why you shouldn’t become an RIA if you’ve got “golden handcuffs” (even if you hate restrictions). (23:15)
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/webinar to register today.
Go to the https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/Newsletter and pick up your free 90 minute download called „5 Keys to Success for Financial Advisors“ when you join The James Pollard Inner Circle.
Discover how to get even better at marketing yourself with these resources: