Referrals sound great: Existing clients send you new prospects who already trust you without wasting a dime on marketing. But referrals aren’t as great as they sound.
If you’re not careful, referrals will kill your business and have you searching for a new job. But you don’t have to give up referral marketing. You can build a sustainable financial advisor business with referral marketing strategies—as long as you don’t depend on them.
If you’re in this for the long haul, listen now!
Show highlights include:
- Why referrals should never be your only marketing strategy—unless you want your business to crash and burn. (4:48)
- The biggest disadvantage of referrals—and how to avoid it. (5:01)
- Why the most successful advisors turn down referrals. (6:02)
- How to get better referrals without begging and pleading. (7:56)
- If someone tells you about their referral-only business, throw all of their advice in the trash. (11:04)
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/webinar to register today.
Ready to learn even more about becoming the successful financial advisor you know you can be? Check out these resources: