Discipline sucks. Nobody likes waking up at the crack of dawn, making their bed, doing laundry, or going to the gym every day. It’s easier to sleep in, procrastinate, and do something that gives you a little dopamine rush.
But these short-lived dopamine hits wreak havoc on your life. They make you miserable. They cripple your confidence. And they make you chase the next dopamine rush.
Discipline fixes this. Yes, it sucks in the moment. But nothing gives you more happiness, confidence, and fulfillment than ruthless discipline.
In this episode, you’ll discover why discipline gives you freedom. And easy ways to develop your discipline so you exude joy every moment of the day.
Show highlights include:
- How treating your brain like your butt builds unbreakable discipline (1:08)
- The “fitness is a mindset” secret that prevents your emotions from sabotaging your goals (2:26)
- The weird way going to the gym brings you closer to God (3:32)
- How our instant gratification society transforms you into a misery mess (and how to regain control over your impulsive desires) (5:34)
- The counterintuitive way treating yourself like an army drill sergeant gives you unlimited freedom and joy (10:45)
- Why positive self-talk can backfire and create negative feelings (11:08)
- How to learn to love doing things you hate (and why this gives you a “natural high” you won’t get anywhere else) (15:36)
If you liked this episode, please leave a 5-star review and follow me on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/elizfulop.