The mass shooting at Covenant School in Nashville, Tennessee brought the school shooting count to 89 for the year in the U.S alone.
Guns are now the leading cause of deaths in children and teens. As a parent who speaks to an audience of parents, this is horrifying. We simply must find ways to curtail these acts of gun violence before they happen.
So we’re not just left cleaning up the aftermath, putting traumatized children through therapy and counting our dead.
That’s why I invited Dawn Lyons to join me for this episode.
Dawn is a former colleague and also a Brilliant Balance alum. She's now the COO of Sandy Hook Promise, an organization dedicated to preventing gun violence in schools, homes, and communities.
In this episode, you’ll learn how to spot patterns of behavior that can precede violence so you know how to proactively deal with it. If you’ve found yourself wanting to DO something when you watch these stories unfold, listen in.
Show Highlights Include:
- The tragedy that led to building Sandy Hook Promise (and how they’re making sure you don’t experience the heartbreak and pain they did). (5:00)
- Why the weakened general mental health in teens and kids since 2020 along with the rise in gun purchases in the U.S should not be taken lightly. (9:35)
- The critical behavioral warning signs of impending gun violence (this will help you recognize and stop imminent threats) (18:40)
- Why you should curb violent language in children as early and frequently as possible. (20:44)
- Specific actions you can take in your own home and community to dampen the spread of gun violence. (23:42)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057
Visit the Sandy Hook Promise website: