You might be a perfectionist if…
You’re restless and discontent with anything that is incomplete, operating at over-capacity and running yourself ragged to get things just the way you like them.
Or you might start LOTS of projects and never finish them. Or you might work REALLY hard to get people to like you.
It turns out there’s not just one kind of perfectionist, but nearly all the faces of perfectionism cause the person exhibiting them to be labeled negatively.
The truth is: perfectionism has gotten a bad rap.
But what if we can own our perfectionism and reframe it as an integral part of our personality. And what if we can even transform that perfectionism into a powerful force?
In this episode, I interview the brilliant Katherine Morgan Schafler, a seasoned therapist who has worked with ambitious perfectionistic women for years. She enlightens us about the different types of perfectionism, and how to own our perfectionism and harness it as the powerful force it is.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why perfectionists feel disappointed by imperfection (and how you can be a healthy perfectionist) (8:54)
- The biggest misconception about perfectionism (and what perfectionism really is). (14:26)
- The 5 perfectionist types (and the pros and cons of each). (22:31)
- Why this category of perfectionists should endeavor to manage their perfectionism (and what happens when they don’t.) (27:37)
- How to accept your perfectionism and channel it to produce real power (and why not everyone can be one). (31:55)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057
Find Katherine's book and the Quiz at: https://perfectionistsguide.com