Everyone has secrets.
Most of them for a good reason.
But, it’ is not the same with addictions. Keeping secrets may be exactly what holds you back on your way to recovery.
It’s difficult to open up about your weaknesses, regardless of how close you may be with the other person.
Especially if you were raised in a strict environment, that answered your mistakes with punishment.
The truth is, there is nothing inherently wrong with you, and the people in your life can support you on your way to recovery.
In this episode, Lee and I will share the communication framework to talk about trauma and addiction. And why getting caught may be the deciding stepping stone on your way to heal yourself.
Show highlights include.
- How you hurt yourself by keeping your addiction to yourself (and how to move past that) (1:17)
- The simple, yet hard question you can ask yourself to protect your children from traumatic experiences (8:01)
- How to overcome a childhood of accumulated limiting beliefs (12:42)
- How to end the fear that sabotages your recovery from addiction (19:04)
- Why getting caught may be the greatest opportunity to turn your life around (even if the first thing you feel is shame) (27:22)
If you want to radically change how much control you have over your emotions in as little as 20 days, you can go to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/feelbetternow and sign up for the Choose Your Own Emotion course.
If you or somebody you know is looking to drop the ‘F’ Bomb of freedom in your life and break free from addiction, depression, anxiety or anything that’s making you feel flat-out stuck, head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.
If you’d like to buy a copy of my book, Is That Even Possible?: The Nuts and Bolts of Energy Healing for the Curious, Wary, and Totally Bewildered, you can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/That-Even-Possible-Healing-Bewildered/dp/1512336041