Addicts feel alone and isolated when battling their addictions. But they don’t realize their spouse feels even more detached and miserable.
How do wives keep their lives (and family) together when their husband has these issues?
My wife Jasmine joins me on this episode to discuss some coping strategies for wives dealing with their addicted husbands. She covers bad strategies that can wreck your marriage. And good ones that can save it—like she saved ours.
Listen to the episode now to discover some of the best ways to keep your life together when your spouse’s addiction wants to tear your world apart.
Show highlights include:
- Why you’re not alone as a spouse to an addict (even if it feels like you are) (3:00)
- The insidious way your mind tricks you into concealing your personal issues so you can start healing (4:14)
- The “forever myth” that makes freeing yourself from addiction’s grip impossible (8:50)
- How addiction disguises itself as bipolar disorder (and how to know which one you’re dealing with) (9:43)
- Why it’s never your fault if your husband battles an addiction (even if he blames you) (12:20)
- How porn, romantic comedies, and even Disney movies give men a failing impression of relationships that can tear apart even the strongest marriages (13:57)
- The “Nature Trick” for alleviating your toughest emotional burdens (22:43)
If you want to radically change how much control you have over your emotions in as little as 20 days, you can go to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/feelbetternow and sign up for the Choose Your Own Emotion course.
If you or somebody you know is looking to drop the ‘F’ Bomb of freedom in your life and break free from addiction, depression, anxiety or anything that’s making you feel flat-out stuck, head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.
If you’d like to buy a copy of my book, Is That Even Possible?: The Nuts and Bolts of Energy Healing for the Curious, Wary, and Totally Bewildered, you can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/That-Even-Possible-Healing-Bewildered/dp/1512336041