Life as a bootstrapper can be tough. You don't have the luxury to hire extra team members. And you can't pour money into marketing like the bigger brands.
But with the right mindset your small size becomes an advantage that lets you run rings around your competition.
In today’s episode, you’ll meet Priority Bicycles’ co-founder, Connor Swegle. Along with his co-founder, Connor made Priority Bicycles one of the most successful Kickstarter campaigns in history and turned his passion into his job.
In this episode you will discover how to turn your bootstrapper status into an advantage and carve out a lucrative niche in your market.
Show highlights include:
- Why bootstrapping lets you run rings around your VC-funded competition when a hot new trend appears (10:17)
- The “fearless storyteller” method that convinces manufacturers to produce your product even if you can't guarantee them sales (12:36)
- Why one-day traffic spikes make the cash register ring (even if you don’t make any sales) (14:23)
- The “reckless” launch strategy that lets you make more sales in the off-season without sacrificing profits in the peak season (20:22)
- Why barely planning makes you more profit than a detailed 5 year plan (31:42)