As an entrepreneur there will be stressful moments in your career – times when you wish you would shut down your business and go back to a job. You’ll enter deals that leave a sour taste in your mouth, make dumb investments, and partner with people who betray you.
Though you can’t avoid every setback, you can learn from them. And you can turn those lessons into more money, freedom and opportunity.
In this episode you will discover how to use pain to your advantage, so you can make more money and wiser decisions every year.
Show highlights include:
- Why putting your kids through an awkward poetry competition turns them into level-headed adults (even if they hate every minute of it) (0:55)
- “The Crucible” that gives you unlimited discipline, even if you’re a serial procrastinator (3:40)
- How a time wasting, money sucking contractor will make you a bunch more money next deal (7:51)
- Why getting burned by a bad investment cures shiny object syndrome for good (12:12)
- The “5th grader” principle that helps you make wiser decisions (even if you’ve got less experience than your peers) (13:48)
If you liked the episode, leave me a review on whichever app you listen to podcasts on.