Growing your business without understanding the hero’s journey puts it on “impossible mode.”
The hero’s journey dates back to at least 2,000 years before Jesus. Which means humans are hardwired to learn from stories following the hero’s journey.
It also means that if you tell better stories to your customers and yourself, your business grows to heights you can’t even imagine.
In this episode, host of The Business of Story Podcast, Park Howell joins me to share how to tell stories that close clients, motivate your team, and grow your bank account.
Show highlights include:
- Why the ancient hero’s journey is the single greatest way to make more sales in your business today (1:32)
- How lighting thousands of dollars on fire for personal development groups is the most profitable way to spend your cash (10:48)
- The “Stop and Think Method” that frees you from working 80 hour weeks so you can massively scale your business (13:20)
- Why investing in yourself can bankrupt you (and the “72 hour rule” that prevents you from getting duped by charlatans) (17:18)
- How your ego tricks you into overcomplicating everything, which castrates your results (22:00)
- Why you must hijack your survival brain if you want compounding business growth (23:00)
- The “Rigid and Frigid Test” that repels the wrong clients while attracting high-paying clients who don’t give you headaches (24:54)
- The “3 Moments Assessment” that instantly tells you if you’re following your true story or living someone else’s dream (29:17)
If you found a golden nugget of wisdom in this episode, share it on social media with the hashtag #ResultsLeaderFM to help spread the word.
If you want to learn more about telling better stories, tune into Park’s podcast, The Business of Story here: https://businessofstory.com/. Or you can send him a quick email at email@example.com or follow him on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.