We all like music, TV and conversations, but you might be surprised by the damage noise can do (even when you’re having fun).
Clogging your brain with loud sounds, alerts, and pings leads to a poor sleep schedule and sabotages your ability to focus. And you can’t lead if you can’t think.
While quiet time can feel like you’re missing out on something, it gives your brain time to reflect and rest (which is impossible to get in a busy, chaotic world).
In this episode, you’ll discover how to stop the buzz and use silence as a tool for a more peaceful and powerful life.
Show Highlights Include:
- How to stop treating silence like a ‘timeout’ and embrace it to boost your intuition and awareness. (0:52)
- Why spending time in silence turns you into a true leader (and the three leadership skills silence teaches you). (5:06)
- How to stop ‘noise pollution’ from stressing out your body, raising your blood pressure, and damaging your hearing. (6:33)
- How to create the most concentrated and productive learning space with an ‘Albert Einstein’ level of noise. (11:52)
- Why ten minutes of quiet time is essential to your mental health (and how the military, workforce and schools use silence to boost performance). (14:38)
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.