Most people try to hide all of their flaws when they’re on sales calls. Not only does this erode trust in your company and product, but it’s not even an effective way to sell.
Truth is, transparency has always sold better than perfection. That’s why you should always reveal your shortcomings with potential customers.
In this episode, Todd Caponi, a sales historian and owner of The Transparency Sale, joins me to reveal why transparency sells better than perfection and how to implement this strategy in your business today.
Show highlights include:
- Why running several startups into the ground is better for your success than a run-of-the-mill MBA (4:03)
- The neuroscientist’s sales secret that’s a cheat code for not only your business’s success but also for raising kids (7:02)
- Why Clubhouse is the single worst place for sales advice on the internet (8:23)
- How creating your personal brand runs your business into the ground quicker than letting a toddler run it (9:21)
- Woodrow Wilson’s little-known sales trick that won him WWI (and how to use it to blow your competitors out of the water) (13:23)
- How LinkedIn, email, and your cell phone subconsciously program you to suck at sales (and the easy way to be great at selling) (14:35)
- Why bad reviews are your secret weapon for building a billion dollar company (16:11)
- The weird way a 4.2/5 rating for a product sells better than a 5/5 rating (17:27)
If you found a golden nugget of wisdom in this episode, share it on social media with the hashtag #ResultsLeaderFM to help spread the word.
If you want to learn more about how transparent selling works better than perfection, head over to https://www.transparencysale.com/. Or you can order Todd’s book, The Transparency Sale, on Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2BxenrF. Or if you’d like to connect with Todd on LinkedIn, you can find him here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/toddcaponi/.