Being a great leader means you have to do counterintuitive things. For example, today’s guest, John Salajka learned that while pushing people hard achieved massive results, it also undermined his team and made them quit.
Nothing is more important than results. But being hyper-focused on short-term results backfires when your team leaves you.
In today’s episode, John Salajka, a business and leadership coach for 25 years, joins me to discuss why people always come before outcomes and how to get massive results without treating people like Ebenezer Scrooge.
Show highlights include:
- How selling your company for millions of dollars can leave you begging your parents for food money in a few months (and why it’s a good thing) (3:06)
- Why working only on your business and not on yourself bankrupts your company (especially if it’s massively successful) (4:15)
- How being laser-focused on achieving results sabotages your relationships, making it impossible to hit your goals (9:17)
- Why walking too fast prevents you from becoming the best leader you can be (even if it makes you look superior) (10:49)
- The “321 Go” trick that stops you from getting in your own way when you’re on the brink of life-altering success (15:29)
- The brutal, but unavoidable way to build an unshakeable self-esteem that fuels you past your most humiliating failures (19:07)
- Why “fake accountability” erodes trust throughout your entire organization that makes real accountability impossible (22:43)
- 3 common sense rules for your family that helps all your children become high-achieving superstars (27:30)
If you’d like to learn how John can help you escape from the prison in your mind to achieve unbelievable business results, check out his website at https://greatescapecoaching.com/, connect with him on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/public-profile/in/johnsalajka, or give him a call at 901-255-6496.