When everything around you is changing, traditions can feel like a thing of the past. They don’t seem relevant or valuable.
But when you don’t exercise certain traditions, there’s a sense of loss. You feel less connected to others and unsure of the future.
Traditions link our past to the present. They help remind us who we are and where we’ve come. They reveal what’s most important.
In this episode, you’ll learn the four reasons why having a sense of tradition makes life more meaningful.
Show Highlights Include:
- How to make life more special through the traditions of Texas A&M. (1:18)
- Why homemade macaroni and cheese brings more belonging and comfort to your days. (3:30)
- How family stories from the past connect you to a courageous (and more meaningful) future. (6:33)
- How to honor and appreciate your ancestor’s traditions (even if you didn’t know them). (8:08)
- The ‘Family Biographer’ essentials for giving the present a sense of meaning. (10:45)
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.