Character seems to be in short supply these days. And our shallow, superficial culture doesn’t help. In fact, it works in sneaky, subversive ways to prevent you from building up your character.
So how do you overcome these forces of evil to improve your character and quality of life?
In this episode, Dr. Rick discusses how your character changes the world (for better or worse), the struggles you’ll face in attempting to build your character, and why society is bent on keeping you from improving yourself.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why global character change is not someone else’s problem and how you can make the world a better place (1:01)
- How the media perverts our view of restoration to cash in (and how to find the truth) (2:04)
- 2 sinister forces you will battle when building a better life (3:04)
- Three subtle ways that modern society combats those who want to improve their character (5:01)
- The one place you must begin your restoration efforts, or they’ll never work (5:38)
- Essential character lessons from grandma and grandpa that will fix your priorities (6:00)
- Why society’s definition of success leads to your failure (7:20)
- Character building secrets from one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time (9:45)
- Why good character has been on the decline since the 19th century (and what to do about it) (11:12)
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.