Building the workforce of the future is difficult. Everyone knows the struggles faced by the construction industry when it comes to finding skilled trades or hiring employees. Join us for a conversation with Christi Powell and Judy Dinelle from 84 Lumber and the things they are doing to bring change to the industry.
Show highlights include:
- How to do your part with the workforce emergency in construction before it becomes an even bigger disaster (2:42)
- How to convince parents to encourage their kids to get into construction instead of going to college (4:58)
- Why women have more fun building a career in construction than in accounting (8:29)
- How education and training in the construction industry can finally get rid of the stigma most men have towards women on the job site (16:28)
- The weird, yet powerful way to double the size of the labor force overnight by being more welcoming (21:57)
- The “Gentle Conversation” method for attracting more women into construction (without anyone feeling intimidated) (22:50)
- How being in the top 25% of gender diversity makes you 46% more likely to crush the industry average (27:35)
- Why women in a sales role in construction have an easier time than men (33:45)
- The “Elevation Secret” which makes the most misogynistic men appreciate women’s role in construction (36:23)
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.