In business it’s important to play to your strengths. So if you’re a manufacturer, keep manufacturing. If you’re a marketer, keep marketing.
But playing it too safe can blind you to a big opportunity for decades. If you step outside of your comfort zone, you could be bound for a big payday.
That was the case for Devil-Dog Dungarees. The company had been manufacturing apparel for other brands since 1927. But now, Devil-Dog is on track to become the next Levi’s.
In this episode, you’ll meet our guests Sean Connelley and Stephanie Newman. They’ll show you why pivoting unlocks explosive growth. You’ll discover insider tips for growing your brand (or even starting it from scratch).
Show highlights include:
- Why a close relationship with your supplier lets you scale your “best sellers” faster (10:21)
- A simple, obvious (but rarely done) way to guarantee repeat business (16:31)
- How to add “sustainable” features to your product without sacrificing profit (21:27)
- The “dirty hands” secret that lets you start a successful business (even if you don’t have any idea how to start) (25:55)
- How showing your product to retailers gets you more sales (even if they never buy it) (27:39)
- How to get an “emerging brand” award even if your brand has existed for years (29:48)
- Get free marketing with an almost undetectable addition to your product (30:38)