Building a successful business can provide you the freedom to do other things and spend time doing what you love. And that may just be starting other businesses. Our guest Sean Sullivan started out as a remodeler and subcontractor that took on various small projects. His persistence and appetite for continuous learning transformed his business, Living Stone Design + Build, into the award winning custom home and renovation firm that it is today.
Show highlights include:
- Transformation from a small remodeler and subcontractor to an award-winning custom home builder (3:43)
- Learning to build beautiful custom homes doing nothing more than watching This Old House reruns (7:52)
- The “Triple H” formula for identifying and attracting top talent to work for you (12:32)
- Why hiring new employees based on their skills kills your momentum (and the two “odd” traits to investigate instead) (13:50)
- 3 simple application questions for instantly vetting if someone’s a good fit for your company (16:20)
- How the scientifically-proven “Predictive Index” test prevents your team members from burning out (18:00)
- Free time allowed for the idea behind the “Design District” secret for rejuvenating a town and its businesses (22:45)
If you’d like to learn more about Sean, you can find his website at https://www.livingstoneconstruction.com
To get the most out of this podcast, or connect with Duane and Dave, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.