If two people are accountable no one is accountable. Roles and responsibilities have to be clearly defined. Our guest on this episode has personally helped many in the Builder Nuggets community. In Episode 13 he gave an overview of EOS (The Entrepreneurial Operating System) and it’s simple, proven format that will get everyone on your team behind your mission. In this episode we take a deeper dive into the Accountability Chart.
Show highlights include:
- If two people are accountable no one is accountable. Roles and responsibilities have to be clearly defined. (2:22)
- The counterintuitive way simplifying and reducing the responsibilities of your team members boosts their productivity (5:15)
- The 3 major functions every construction company needs to address to grow their business (8:42)
- The “Accountability Chart Exercise” that sets you up for your exit strategy and prevents an illness from wrecking your growth (12:57)
- Are you paying a $100 an hour person to do $20 an hour work? Here’s how to know if you are and fix it (19:02)
- How an accountability chart helps you stop bottlenecking your team and empowers them instead (20:28)
- 3 simple “GWC” questions to ask your teammates to instantly know if they’re the right person for the role (23:48)
- How “wasting” a couple of days on business planning prevents your business from running you (especially if you feel like you have no time to plan) (31:00)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to https://buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.