Building high end custom homes is a tough business. You could try to do it all yourself, but that won’t scale.
So how do you expand your business without sacrificing the quality you’re known for? You have to master the art of building relationships and surround yourself with the right people.
In this episode, custom home builder Jeff Smith discusses the importance of self-development, building bulletproof relationships with trade partners, mentoring the next generation workforce, and how all of this will allow you to scale your success.
Show highlights include:
- Why trade school may be a better option than college and how to take the next step for your career (4:01)
- The surprising reason skilled tradesmen may out-earn physicians in the future (4:56)
- How to maximize your contracting business by using romance (7:48)
- Why more “hustle and grind” may actually shrink your business (10:39)
- How to attract and keep the highest quality trade contractors and avoid working with those that don't meet your core values (26:42)
- The secret to forging rock-solid business relationships that go beyond getting paid (32:45)
- A simple question that will have trade contractors fighting each other to work for you (39:42)
- The “Two-Way Leadership” model that ensures your success (43:55)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.