If you’ve been in the building business for any length of time, you’ve experienced the hamster wheel of free estimating. It’s become standard practice because clients have become conditioned to expect it. Actually they expect 3 of them.
Unfortunately free estimates are killing the construction industry. They do a disservice to both the customer and the builder.
Design build professional Paul Kowalski joins us to discuss how free estimates can consume your time and how to elevate yourself above the competition.
Show highlights include:
- Why free estimates can put your business in the red (2:03)
- Free estimates can mislead clients and lead to missed expectations (3:04)
- The reason free estimates devalue the service you provide (7:05)
- The “Design-Build” method frees you from free estimates forever (8:35)
- 3 fundamental questions free estimates fail to address (11:36)
- Why free estimates can be stressful to your team and be cause for turnover (20:10)
- How free estimates open the door for competitors to steal your clients (27:52)
- The “Chunking” approach that makes clients excited to pay you for your work (40:32)
To get the most out of this podcast, head over to buildernuggets.com and join our active community of like-minded builders and remodelers.