Most financial advisors tend to treat all of their clients like they’re the exact same person. This is a massive mistake, even if you’re niched down and deal with the same type of people every day.
Because you win or lose a client’s lifetime business not by the results you give them, but how you make them feel within the first few times you meet.
That’s why I invited Brandon Chapman, client onboarding expert and founder of AdvisorFlow, onto today’s show.
In this episode, Brandon reveals how to improve your processes, leverage technology, and retain clients for decades by making a few simple tweaks to your onboarding systems.
Show highlights include:
- How treating every client the same plants to the seeds of bankruptcy in your financial advising business (even if you deliver life-changing results for your clients) (2:53)
- Why “Disney-fying” your financial advising business makes your clients happier that you’re charging higher prices for your services (3:45)
- 3 simple ways to treat each client in a unique way (even when every client works in the same industry) (4:58)
- The “Super Mario” secret for creating processes for repeatable business and scaling on “easy mode” (6:32)
- How to leverage the first few touchpoints with new clients to cement your relationship for decades (even if your clients get subpar results) (9:08)
- The weird way automating most of your business actually makes you more human and relatable to clients (11:13)
- How using AI to “outsource” your creativity can make Google punish your site (and how to outsource your creativity without upsetting Google) (17:46)
- Why looking at other industries for ideas for your financial advising business unlocks an absolute surge of new clients and referrals (24:19)
If you want to connect with Brandon and see how improving your onboarding systems supercharges your business, you can find his website here: https://advisorflow.ca/. Or you can connect with him on LinkedIn here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandonchapmancfp/.
Need help getting more clients as a financial advisor? I created a free, 47-minute video outlining the steps to my “CLIENT Method,” which helps financial advisors land more clients. Watch the video before I take it down here: https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/theclientmethod.html
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/webinar to register today.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/Coaching and pick up your free 90 minute download called “5 Keys to Success for Financial Advisors” when you join The James Pollard Inner Circle.
Want to transform your website into a client-getting machine? Go to https://www.theadvisorcoach.com/website to get The Client-Getting Website Guide.
Want a masterclass training in running effective Facebook Ads? Head to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/ads-training.
Discover how to get even better at marketing yourself with these resources: