As a financial advisor, you help clients achieve their financial goals. So you first need to find out what their goals are.
But the worst way to do that is to ask them. In fact, if you ask your clients about their goals, you might be sending them straight to another advisor.
That’s because all humans are irrational and biased. Once you accept that, you’ll be much better at helping clients get what they want—and keeping clients around for years.
In this episode, financial advisor, speaker and author Carl Richards stops by to show you how to serve your clients better by being realistic about human nature.
Want to serve your clients better and keep them for longer? Listen now!
Show highlights include:
- Why selling financial certainty hurts clients and makes them leave you (even if you don’t know you’re selling certainty) (16:30)
- The “Guide” mindset that helps you make the best possible plan for your clients (that even works when you’re wrong) (19:11)
- How to replace 200-page financial plans with a ball pen and a legal pad (and make your clients stick around longer) (24:27)
- Why your main job as a financial advisor is to help your clients say no (31:03)
- The “1-2-3” plan to find a niche that attracts high-paying clients in droves (34:20)
If you’re looking for a way to set more appointments with qualified prospects, sign up for James’ brand new webinar about how financial advisors can get more clients with email marketing.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/webinar to register today.
Go to https://TheAdvisorCoach.com/Coaching and pick up your free 90 minute download called “5 Keys to Success for Financial Advisors” when you join The James Pollard Inner Circle.
Discover how to get even better at marketing yourself with these resources: