In today’s episode of the Donor Doctor Show, James and stuart discuss the legendary direct marketing specialist, Joan Throckmorton. She had over 30 years of experience in the field and was head of her own marketing and creativity consultancy in New York before she recently passed away.
Her book ‘Winning Direct-response Advertising’ is the main topic of today’s show. You’re going to learn vital insights into the work of one of the world's greatest direct response copywriters.
Here Are The Highlights:
- Two types of people who read your copy and how to appeal to both (6:00)
- Writing and the power of your subconscious mind (15:15)
- Using empathy to develop trust with customers in your copy (17:40)
- Copy that connects – Cutting through the ‘digital noise’ (19:00)
- Why last chance offers are ruining your sales (20:00)
- Focus groups are worthless – Do this instead (21:20)
- Success comes from ‘the freedom to fail’ (27:00)
- A better alternative to AIDA for effective copywriting (28:00)
- Small details. Big difference (34:50)
- What’s a Johnson Box? (47:20)
- How to write copy as smooth as a glass of bourbon (51:00)
There’s a lot of valuable knowledge to take in and absorb today! Enjoy the show.
James Newberry is an expert in fundraising. He’s had a seasoned career in the industry, and has lots of ideas in store for everyone. Connect with the Donor Doctor on Facebook. Don’t forget to leave a rating and review if you enjoyed the show. We love hearing from you!
Call the Donor Doctor at 240-477-3999.