The average M&A transaction has TEN THOUSAND individual, unique, and crucial decisions to make. Some of these include:
How long is this going to take?
How do we avoid making stupid decisions?
How do we avoid wasting our time and/or money?
And these are only 3 of 10,000 decisions you have to make. That’s only 0.03% of the decisions you need to make!
Undertaking an M&A without knowing the answers to these questions BEFORE you start is why most acquirers feel underwhelmed by their deal.
So, how can you increase the chances of a successful M&A?
We answer that in today’s episode, where we cover M&A “IRR.” This will help you develop a concrete view on exactly when you’re ready to undertake an M&A integration.
We also “debunk” one of the greatest industry myths: that 70 to 90% of M&A transactions fail. Is this really true? I reveal the answer in today’s episode.
Show Highlights Include:
- Not sure if you’re ready to undertake your M&A? Use the M&A Integration Readiness Roadmap to be confident and clear when making your decision (3:28)
- Why the sacred cow statistic, “70 to 90% of M&A transactions fail”, may actually be M&A consultants trying to pump you full of fear (6:24)
- The spectrum which shows how most M&A integrations underwhelm the acquirers and participants involved (7:30)
- How to find the areas of weakness that produce friction, stress, or turbulence in your integration with the M&A IRR (12:25)
- The 12 “Integration Success Levers” to develop a predictive view on your readiness for M&A integration (16:46)
- Want to develop your own M&A “IRR?” Here’s 2 issues which gives you the false sense of making progress (when you’re actually procrastinating) (17:31)
- How to spy on your competitors and understand exactly where they stand in terms of M&A integration readiness (18:18)
For more about Joe Mosher, go here: