When you try to do everything, you achieve nothing.
The biggest mistake I see food and agribusiness companies making is having multiple reasons why they’re executing an M&A.
Sounds weird, right? Why would you want to limit yourself to only one reason why? By not having a concrete why, you face very low odds of getting the integration right. If the integration fails, the deal fails. And if the deal fails, then the consequences are catastrophic:
- Your employee and customer confidence erodes
- Your credibility as a leader is crushed
- You lose ground to traditional and emerging competitors
- And your poorly executed deal consumes capital with subpar returns
In other words, understanding the why of an M&A is crucial — it’s the difference between life and death for food and agribusiness companies. But how do we find our “why?”
In today’s episode, I reveal a 9-part framework which creates a clear path to understand your why, stacking the odds of success in your favor.
Show Highlights Include:
- The “WBH” strategy to bulletproof your upcoming M&A integration (1:13)
- The 9 different types of acquisitions which aligns your company to have a 7-figure M&A (6:51)
- How understanding your “why” liberates the deal-killing confusion M&As can have (13:58)
- Excited to execute an M&A with all the bells and whistles? Here’s why that’s a great way to be one of the 90% of M&As that fail (15:35)
- Why delaying your M&A by 6 months increases your chances of success (16:56)
- 4 simple questions to understand exactly why you’re doing this M&A (17:14)
For more about Joe Mosher, go here: