Have you ever suffered from the dreaded curse of Writer's block? It might surprise you to know, there's no such thing as writer's block. American poet, Maya Angelou said, “You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” The real reason most people suffer from writer's block is because they're trying to be creative.
We don't need to be creative to write. What we really need is a writing system. In today's article you'll find out how you can create copious amounts of content with zero creativity.
Here's what we'll cover:
- Why we don't need to be creative to come up with ideas
- Ideas are useless without execution
- Turning ideas into opportunities
Why we don't need to be creative to come up with ideas
One of the biggest mistakes most of our new clients make, is trying to come up with new, interesting ideas for their podcast. The problem is, our ideas aren't nearly as good as the one's that come from our market.
That's why we always encourage our clients to cultivate ideas from their audience. The best way to do this is to set up an idea cultivation system.
Here's how we do it at The Podcast Factory:
- Every Monday we have a private call with our top clients.
- All their questions are noted.
- We keep a running list of all their questions.
This list is where we come up with all our content ideas. Now that we know where to source ideas let's look at how we can turn them into assets for our business.
Ideas are useless without execution
American business woman and multi-millionaire founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Mary Kay Ash said, “Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement are priceless.” Likewise, many people have ideas about things they could create, but very few have a system to turn those ideas into a finished piece.
Once we've created an idea cultivation system, we'll need a way to turn those ideas into hard assets we can use in our business. Continuing from the system above, here's one way we do this:
- We take the most common questions and turn them into articles and podcasts.
- Every week we write quick answers to the questions from the call and turn them into a digital newsletter for our clients.
- Once per month we combine all our digital newsletters and turn them into a print newsletter that is delivered to our clients by the United States Post Office.
Now that we know how to turn ideas into assets for our business, let's take a look at how we can get a bigger ROI from them.
Turning ideas into opportunities
Once we create an article or podcast the real work begins. We have to find ways to get those assets in front of the right people to create opportunities for our business. One of the ways our most successful clients do this is by creating a conversation conversion system.
Here's how it works:
- Share articles + podcasts on Social Media and with your eMail list.
- When people like or comment, we engage with them.
- If it makes sense, take the conversation to DM.
- Turn those DM conversations into booked appointments on your calendar
We covered a lot today, let's do a quick recap
You don't need to be creative to create copious amount of content
Like Maya Angelou said, “You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” Likewise, when you have a system that cultivates ideas from your market, the more you tap into it, the more it will yield for you.
The fact is, we don't need to be creative at all. We need a system that gives us ideas on demand. This is the system we discussed in this article:
- Have regular calls with your clients
- Write down all their questions and keep a log of them
- Turn common questions into articles and podcasts
- Share your content on Social Media
- Turn likes and comments into DM conversations
- When it makes sense, turn those DM conversations into booked appointments
Using this simple system you'll be able to create tons of content that hast the potential to turn into real sales opportunities for your business.
Turning content into clients
Today we talked about creating a system for content creation. Creating content is a great way to get the attention of your ideal clients. For more ideas on how you can pick up clients with your podcast, read this article https://thepodcastfactory.com/how-to-pick-up-clients-podcasting/
When you're ready to start your own podcast we should talk. We've helped 60+ experts just like you launch their podcast in 30 days. I can show you how it works in a quick 30 minute call. Book a time that works for you at https://thepodcastfactory.com/start/