Many of us were tricked into thinking good grades and a good job leads to happiness. While there are many valuable business lessons you can learn in the corporate world, many people feel like it sucks their soul dry.
Then, of course, there’s always a possibility of getting laid off.
Well, that story played out for today’s guest, real estate investor, Mike Deaton. Both he and his wife got laid off at the exact time — but instead of jumping back into the corporate rat race, they reflected and decided to jump into real estate investing.
In this episode, you’ll discover how having a corporate background simplifies your success in real estate investing. And Mike shares how to tell, with certainty, if it’s time to leave your corporate job for entrepreneurship.
Show highlights include:
- 5 simple questions to ask yourself if you’re thinking about leaving the corporate rat race for a real estate investing career (8:27)
- The “Multifamily Tax Haven” secret for lowering your tax bill (without sacrificing your income) (9:16)
- Why former corporate employees have an unfair business advantage in real estate investing (11:41)
- How to guarantee you have at least some income coming in even when you don’t work (14:19)
- Why breaking you year down into 13 weeks maximizes your income (22:45)
Want help diving into the world of land and multifamily investing? Check out Mike’s website at: https://deatonequitypartners.com/freedom.
To get the latest updates directly from Dan and discuss business with other real estate investors, join the REI marketing nerds Facebook group here: http://adwordsnerds.com/group
Need help with your online marketing? Jump on a FREE strategy session with our team. We'll dive deep into your market and help you build a custom strategy for finding motivated seller leads online. Schedule for free here: http://adwordsnerds.com/strategy