Employer long-term disability (LTD) coverage lures many young physicians into making a massive financial mistake.
Because employer LTD coverage is much cheaper than private speciality policies. But the cheaper cost comes with an enormous cost:
Not only is it much harder to collect at claim time, but many times employer LTD coverage doesn't pay anything at all, which can bankrupt your family if disaster strikes.
In this episode, you’ll discover the dirty little details in group LTD coverage that can prevent you from receiving your benefits. And why private speciality coverage pays more if something happens.
- Why the “all coverage is the same” assumption can bankrupt your family if you become unable to perform your job (1:14)
- How insurance companies minimize their risk with adverse selection at your expense (1:58)
- Why you need private specialty disability coverage (even if your employer offers disability insurance) (2:32)
- Why private speciality coverage allows you to receive payments while working another job (and group LTD coverage doesn’t) (4:34)
- The “Partial Disability” perk private coverage offers that group coverage doesn’t (8:26)