Neediness is often regarded as negative.
We’re brought up learning to take care of other people’s needs, and by adulthood we’re often skilled at it. But when it comes to voicing our own needs, we become ashamed of speaking up and out.
The truth is, if you don’t communicate your needs so they can be met, you’ll never be satisfied.
And you’ll keep living in a state of low-grade dissatisfaction or even resentment.
But what if you could acknowledge and communicate your needs so you can get them fulfilled?
To help you with that, I invited Mara Glatzel, an intuitive coach, writer and podcast host to join us today. She teaches people how to embrace their own needs and how to articulate them so they have a chance of actually getting them met.
Mara’s perspective on needs is gentle but also reorienting. It will help you if you’re someone who struggles to make your needs known by giving you permission to share them.
Show Highlights Include:
- The actual reason we don’t attend to our needs.. (5:32)
- How to curb and dissipate that feeling of brewing dissatisfaction (and what you do that makes you feel that way) (8:42)
- Why being called ‘needy’ says more about the other person than you. (10:40)
- How our needs and wants are actually intertwined (instead of two conflicting sets of ideas). (12:50)
- Why we’re much more skilled at meeting other people’s needs than our own (and how to create a balance so you don’t end up feeling resentful). (14:57)
- Two steps you can take to communicate your needs properly (without slinking away in shame afterwards). (21:04)
- An effective approach to handling a partner that doesn’t know how to articulate their needs (even if you’re great at it yourself). (29:05)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057
Visit Mara Glatzel’s website and take her quiz: