Finish lines have a powerful allure to them.
They inspire us to begin important journeys and give us strong motivation to go after our goals.
However, sometimes we misinterpret which parts of our lives need finish lines, so we approach everything the same way and wind up overloaded.
If this sounds like you, there’s a way you can find a cadence you can sustain as you pursue your goals all while reserving essential energy.
In this episode, I’ll reveal how using finish lines the wrong way can drain you mentally and physically. You’ll discover how to mentally reposition yourself so you can attack your goals and achieve them with the same vigor but at a sustained, healthy pace.
Show Highlights Include:
- Why finish lines have a powerful allure (and how they help drive us towards our goals) (4:46)
- The dark side of finish lines we need to be aware of. (8:03)
- How using finish lines can overload you and drain your mental and physical stamina completely. (9:09)
- Why planning finish lines around positive behaviors is unsustainable in the long run (and why some finish lines aren’t really finish lines) (10:15)
- The mental reframe you can adopt to reserve energy to sustain those positive behaviors. (15:39)
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5-Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057