Everything hinges on leadership. It’s the difference between life and death, success and failure, and whether we thrive or have problems that keep us stuck. In fact, it's the most important role in humanity.
This is especially true as dads and business owners. We have to lead our families. Our teams. And everyone we can influence in some way.
But leadership’s hard. It’s one of the toughest “skills” to learn. Especially if you’re not a natural leader.
That’s why I invited Dr. Nate Salah, a doctor of leadership on today’s show. Despite being a doctor of leadership, he never considered himself a natural leader. And it wasn’t until he found a mentor that he honed his leadership skills.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to become a better leader (even if you’re not a natural leader), why leadership is the most important role in humanity, and how becoming a better leader unlocks more business growth than anything else you can do.
Show highlights include:
- Why striving for work-life balance can actually make you feel less fulfilled in both (3:54)
- Is your life off track right now? Here’s why finding your faith can get it back on track (even if you’ve never stepped foot in a church before) (5:12)
- How to prevent getting divorced (even if your marriage is on shaky grounds) (5:50)
- The “feedback, not failure” mindset tweak that prevents you from beating yourself up when you make a mistake (11:13)
- How thinking more like a one-year-old baby helps you reach your wildest goals in less time (11:23)
- Why fear is the #1 culprit behind your business not scaling as fast as you want (and why putting a timeframe on your plan is the anecdote) (16:22)
- How ignoring your weaknesses instead of trying to improve them will grow your business faster than a speeding bullet (19:07)
- A doctor of leadership’s definition of leadership (and how understanding this could turn you into Steve Jobs, Milton Hershey, or Walt Disney) (26:51)
- The insidious way isolation will crush your business goals (even if it’s responsible for growing your business to where it is today) (29:26)
Join ~300 other Dads like you by joining The Balanced Business Dad's Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/693353621927323/
Check out our website at: https://www.podpage.com/the-balanced-business-dad/
Or email Dustin and R. J. at: firstname.lastname@example.org