Sitting with anger, anxiety or sadness may be the last thing you want to do. Because it’s uncomfortable. Because it hurts. Because you’re too tired.
Or maybe you just don’t know how.
You’re not alone. Many of us are always in our thoughts – wrapped up in our daily agenda, our work, or the people who need us – and we go through the day without ever taking time to acknowledge our feelings.
But learning to connect with our emotions is a superpower that can help us avoid burnout, love ourselves, and rediscover our passion for life.
Today my guest is podcast host and coach, Mary Hyatt. In this episode, you’ll discover how letting yourself acknowledge and feel your true emotions (yep, even even the uncomfortable ones) can help you live a happier and more fulfilling life.
Show Highlights Include
- How the “Weather Patterns” help you understand and accept your emotions judgment-free (6:00)
- Why chasing happiness is toxic (even though the media makes you believe that you should be happy all the time) (9:37)
- How unattended emotions become an excessive load that manifests in all kinds of “dis-eases” (without you realizing it) (11:50)
- The “Bubblehead Syndrome” that 80% of people are suffering from (and how you can heal by connecting to your senses) (15:56)
- How connecting to your feelings helps you understand and acknowledge your loved ones’ emotions (even if you don’t agree with them) (23:24)
- How to find safe spaces when you feel like you have no one to talk to about your feelings (26:15)
- Why embracing the “messy middle” is vital (even if you’d rather focus on the good stuff) (31:29)
To find Mary's work including the Living Fully Alive Podcast online, visit: https://maryhyatt.com/Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5 Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057
Join 30 Days to Vibrant Energy: www.brilliant-balance.com/energy