As we get older, we start to experience a range of mental and physical changes. Whether it’s a little extra weight you’ve never noticed before or a transition into menopause, it can become stressful when you don’t know what’s natural and what’s in your control.
But if you understand how to nurture your mind and body through the years, life just feels better.
In this episode, Dr. Diane Downing shares the self-care practices she teaches at the famous Canyon Ranch Resort that you can use to age beautifully and gracefully, finding more freedom, wisdom, and happiness in the years ahead.
Show highlights include:
- The ‘Canyon Ranch’ philosophy for being the healthiest you—no matter what your age is (8:14)
- Why setting boundaries and telling people ‘no’ is the first step to embracing your age (14:46)
- How to turn off your brain at night and get the sleep that promotes your immune system and revitalizes your energy (19:14)
- How to find pleasure in the practices that are good for your mind, body, and spirit, and stop normalizing the stress you feel about the future (23:20)
- What native cultures reveal about the beauty of aging—and why each year brings you more wisdom and freedom (33:39)
**FREE RESOURCES, & SOCIAL LINKS***
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday: www.brilliant-balance.com/weekly
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5 Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057
Join 30 Days to Vibrant Energy: www.brilliant-balance.com/energy
Learn more about Canyon Ranch: https://www.canyonranch.com