Sometimes we pride ourselves on ‘caring too much.’ But making a decision can feel practically impossible when you are trying to keep everyone else happy.
And if you’re always yearning for approval, you’ll find it harder to make the right decisions for yourself. When you bury your own needs, you lose touch with the things that make you happy. Happiness becomes what everyone else wants.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to figure out if you’re a ‘people pleaser’ and learn how to experience joy without needing anyone else to approve of your choices.
Show highlights include:
- The biggest sign that being a “people pleaser” has gone too far (and what to do next). (0:52)
- How to stop trying to “outwork” the critics and feel content in your accomplishments. (5:20)
- How to escape the Vanilla Oatmeal trap and feel more alive. (6:52)
- Why having a Prickly Porcupine persona doesn’t keep you from receiving criticism. (8:28)
- How to stop being the Comfort Chameleon and feel freedom in disapproving decisions. (10:06)
- The difference between having real critics and projecting your own fears. (13:43)
- How to find peace in decision-making (when somebody you care about disapproves). (16:06)
***DISCOUNT CODES, RESOURCES, & SOCIAL LINKS***
Interested in coaching with Brilliant Balance? Schedule an exploratory call here: www.brilliant-balance.com/schedule
Need a few moments of peace? Listen to our free 5 Minute Meditation: www.brilliant-balance.com/breathe/
Subscribe to The Brilliant Balance Weekly and we’ll deliver it to your digital doorstep each Tuesday:
Follow us on Instagram: www.instagram.com/brilliant_balance
Join our private Facebook Group: www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057