With back-to-school in sight, we have so many unknowns to face. This will be unlike any other school year we’ve experienced before. And while we didn’t choose any of the circumstances we are about to face, challenges provide the opportunity to grow.
And the way we grow is by leaning into the discomfort.
In this encore episode, I discuss why avoiding discomfort causes failure, the subtle way comparison drags you down, and three crucial strategies to reframe and conquer your discomfort in order to grow.
Show highlights include:
- The long-distance runner’s best strategies for overcoming your discomfort (9:01)
- Why welcoming discomfort makes you more comfortable (12:20)
- A counterintuitive way to use visualization to neutralize uncomfortable situations (13:56)
- Why “toughing it out” is never the right answer to discomfort (and what you should do instead) (14:53)
- The sneaky way your brain blows discomfort completely out of proportion (16:11)
- Three mindset shifts that help you grow through uncomfortable situations (20:15)
Post on Instagram with #letsbebrilliant and tag @cskolnicki
Join the Brilliant Balance Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/281949848958057/
Learn more about Cherylanne’s work: https://cherylanneskolnicki.com
Find out more about Brilliant Balance Breakthrough: https://cherylanneskolnicki.com/program/