Every relationship is hard, whether with your spouse, kids, or friends. But we have a tendency to make our relationships harder than they actually are too.
When emotions infiltrate your relationships, especially in heated conversations and arguments, it leads to compromises, hardships, and even resentment.
Slowing things down to an Eeyore trot. For example, when you have an argument with your wife, you can use email to communicate about it (without sacrificing living life in the moment).
Jasmine and I recently did this after I wanted to experiment with THC gummies in Colorado and she felt a certain way about it. But through email, we came to a solution that worked for both of us and stifled resentment which would’ve bubbled if we didn't.
In this episode, I reveal how to slow things down, how to realize most problems aren’t an emergency, and why doing this will make your relationship more loving and prosperous.
Show Highlights Include
- How to use psychoactive substances to produce profound experiences that can add beauty to your life (5:36)
- Why stripping the emotion out of conversations with your loved ones allows love to blossom (and how email does this with ease) (14:49)
- How your fear of rejection creeps up in your marriage and tries to sabotage it (even after 19 years of proof that your spouse won’t reject you) (18:46)
- The sneaky way acting out of a present motivation in your marriage can cause irreversible regret later (24:18)
- Why seeking to be heard from other people is a recipe for disaster, distress, and divorce (24:47)
- The “never the person” trick for swimming through arguments and disagreements without resentment bubbling up (31:13)
- How creativity, not compromises or cooperation, can turn every negative thing in a relationship into a deeper reason to love (33:24)
- The “Eeyore Secret” for slowing down in your relationship and preventing emergencies before they happen (36:55)
If you want to radically change how much control you have over your emotions in as little as 20 days, you can go to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/feelbetternow and sign up for the Choose Your Own Emotion course.
If you or somebody you know is looking to drop the ‘F’ Bomb of freedom in your life and break free from addiction, depression, anxiety or anything that’s making you feel flat-out stuck, head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.
If you’d like to buy a copy of my book, Is That Even Possible?: The Nuts and Bolts of Energy Healing for the Curious, Wary, and Totally Bewildered, you can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/That-Even-Possible-Healing-Bewildered/dp/1512336041