In life, we focus on removing the bad behaviors, habits, and actions to become happier. But we never take the time to reflect on good things that are slowly sabotaging our joy.
Take your phone and money for example. Both of these tools can help you live an easier and happier life. But they can also latch onto you like a parasite and slowly destroy your well-being.
They’re what I call phoney friends — and they can be much more lethal than your worst addictions because they’re helpful.
In this episode, I’m sharing how to identify these phoney friends earlier before they ransack your enjoyment of life.
Show highlights include:
- Why your smartphone is like a timewarp that makes life speed past you without enjoying it (4:20)
- How the 6 inch device in your pocket seizes control of your brain and “zombifies” your life (9:56)
- The weird way your phone addiction makes you worry nonstop about money (11:03)
- How something genuinely good can hijack your psyche and corrupt your happiness and peace (12:31)
- Why making more money causes more headaches and stress (and how to enjoy life to the fullest right now without money) (15:17)
- How focusing on your problems multiples your hardships (even if you’re creating solutions) (16:19)
- Why getting addicted to helpful things is usually more dangerous than destructive habits (17:24)
If you want to radically change how much control you have over your emotions in as little as 20 days, you can go to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/feelbetternow and sign up for the Choose Your Own Emotion course.
If you or somebody you know is looking to drop the ‘F’ Bomb of freedom in your life and break free from addiction, depression, anxiety or anything that’s making you feel flat-out stuck, head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.
If you’d like to buy a copy of my book, Is That Even Possible?: The Nuts and Bolts of Energy Healing for the Curious, Wary, and Totally Bewildered, you can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/That-Even-Possible-Healing-Bewildered/dp/1512336041