Are compliments always good?
On the surface, it seems that complimenting others and yourself helps build your confidence. But if you look deeper, you see that it destroys your confidence.
When you give others compliments, you’re training them to always worry about what others think. Nothing is more deadly than that.
In this episode, I’m revealing why compliments and insults are more similar than you think and how to give compliments that don’t cause the other person to self-destruct.
Here Are The Show Highlights:
- The insidious way compliments plant seeds of destruction in your mind and make failure blossom (3:20)
- How grades in school brainwashed your subconscious and taught you that approval from others is more important than learning (5:19)
- Why brutal honesty with yourself makes you love yourself more than fluffy, gassed up compliments (9:28)
- The heinous reason that giving others compliments means you think you’re superior to them (even if you don’t mean to) (10:35)
- How telling your kids that they’re awesome reinforces their worst negative thought patterns (12:55)
- Why not giving people your approval supercharges their confidence (15:16)
- How compliments subtly create anxiety, depression, and addiction (17:02)
If you want to radically change how much control you have over your emotions in as little as 20 days, you can go to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/feelbetternow and sign up for the Choose Your Own Emotion course.
If you or somebody you know is looking to drop the ‘F’ Bomb of freedom in your life and break free from addiction, depression, anxiety or anything that’s making you feel flat-out stuck, head over to https://thefreedomspecialist.com/ and book a call where we can look at your unique situation and give you the roadmap you’ve been missing.
If you’d like to buy a copy of my book, Is That Even Possible?: The Nuts and Bolts of Energy Healing for the Curious, Wary, and Totally Bewildered, you can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/That-Even-Possible-Healing-Bewildered/dp/1512336041