Turning your passion into your business sounds great.
But you know what usually ends up happening? You get so caught up in your passion that you ignore what your market needs. So you barely turn a profit, you get burned out and you give up.
So why not do the opposite? You start with a passion for entrepreneurship. You find a lucrative opportunity, you learn about the business, and then you develop that passion.
That's what today's guest Jacob Durham did with NOMATIC.
In this episode, you'll discover the importance of curiosity and a bigger vision when it comes to your long-term happiness. You'll also find out how to launch and scale your business through Kickstarter and product development.
Show highlights include:
- How to launch a market-defining product even if you’ve only got an idea, time and $200 (2:56)
- The Kickstarter blueprint that practically guarantees your success (even if you’ve got no product idea yet) (8:43)
- Compete in a cutthroat market with rookie marketing skills by applying the “never settle” principle (10:39)
- The Facebook secret that takes your Kickstarter campaign from $3500 a week to $8000 a day (13:17)
- How to create an unforgettable brand story that sells (even if your product is a commodity anyone anyone can find on Amazon) (17:43)
- Apply the “Chinese New Year” rule to find manufacturers who will never leave you out of stock (19:39)
- The “survival of the fittest” principle that creates market dominating products (22:47)
- Why sharing your trade secrets with your competitors makes you a more successful businessperson (25:51)
- How to stay passionate about your business for the next decade by focusing on your “why” (26:18)