Thought leaders advising you to “follow your passion” run rampant today. The problem is: Passion alone isn’t enough to get you through your most challenging obstacles.
Most people have a backwards understanding of passion. They think passion comes first — but you can only develop true passion after you get really good at something.
In this episode, David Wells, author and CEO of Family Capital Strategy, joins me to discuss passion, past business failures, and becoming the LeBron James of your industry.
Show highlights include:
- How humiliating failures actually make you more successful than you would’ve been if everything had been a smooth rise to the top (4:13)
- Why falling in lust with a particular business idea is a recipe for disaster (and the mindset tweak that makes you successful in any industry) (6:23)
- Tim Ferriss’s secret for becoming world-class in your career in less time than it takes to graduate college (9:57)
- The “Circuit Breakers Method” for creating happiness out of thin air (11:38)
- How playing golf everyday helps you become the Lebron James of your industry (13:41)
- Why firing your clients almost never loses you money (even if it seems like it could bankrupt your business) (19:47)
If you found a golden nugget of wisdom in this episode, share it on social media with the hashtag #ResultsLeaderFM to help spread the word.
If you like to get your hands on David’s book, When Anything Is Possible, head over to http://whenanythingispossible.com. Or you can visit Family Capital Strategy here: https://familycapitalstrategy.com.