There is a powerful emotion that’s rarely talked about.
But it can unleash a surge of positive energy, lift our spirits and inject vitality into our lives.
What’s that emotion?
The euphoric feeling you have when you can’t wait a moment for something you’ve been longing for. From your first day in school, to going on your first date, to the day of your wedding.
It’s a one of a kind feeling.
But there’s a downside to anticipation: The waiting can result in worry, anxiety, stress and even depression.
So how can we cope with and overcome the negative effects of this powerful emotion? How do we position ourselves to
In this episode, you’ll discover the tremendous power of anticipation and how you can use it to overcome negative situations. I’ll also reveal how you can break free of the anxiety and worry that comes with anticipation.
Show Highlights Include:
- How Carly Simon harnessed anticipation and used it to write a hit, Grammy-nominated single in just 15 minutes (and how you can too) (02:35)
- The most important attribute that protects you from the wrath of negative anticipation. (04:32)
- 2 steps you can use to break free of anticipatory anxiety. (05:15)
- The ‘perspective-shift’ technique you can use to change your reality from negative situations to positive outcomes. (8:52)
- Why you should reframe your thinking to anticipate better outcomes (even in times of crisis). (12:11)
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.