With everything happening in the world, everyone needs a space they can feel safe in.
Turning on the TV makes you full of anxious and fear. You want to help others but feel without hope.
Living in bad news for too long breaks the most uplifting spirits. It traumatizes the mind and turns everything else toxic (even if you don’t realize it).
Having a safe space is about more than stepping out of the world for a moment. It makes you happier, feel more at peace, and ready to take on the rest of the day.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to tune out the notifications and news for a space that revitalizes your soul for real impact in the world.
Show Highlights Include:
- How to avoid mental pollution from the everyday news cycle and find a safe space for your spirit. (0:52)
- The ‘Emergency Room’ perspective on seeking relief (when there is none left in the world). (4:16)
- Using the Psychology Today meaning of ‘refuge’ to step out of the world and find your peace. (7:17)
- The soul-fulfilling things you can do to tune out the noise and find peace in the world. (8:51)
- The Philippians Way to give your mind a break and be completely at one with yourself. (11:06)
Do you want to stop existing and start living your best life right now? Click here to get the first chapter of Dr. Rick’s best-selling book, Lessons From a Third Grade Dropout, for free.