Many folks love the idea of retirement: They imagine they’ll travel, spend time with their family, and knock things off their bucket list. Instead, most retirees sit on the couch, watching TV they don’t even enjoy.
Why is that?
Many believe they’ll automatically get the “golden years” lifestyle once they’re retired. But retirement can mean many different lifestyles. To make sure you’ll have a retirement you love, you might need a course correction.
In this episode, you’ll discover how to determine if you need to course-correct your retirement and pinpoint the ideal budget and lifestyle for your Golden Years.
Show Highlights Include
- The “what ifs” method to creating a financial plan for your Golden Years that ensures you’ll get the lifestyle you love. (2:46)
- An inflation-proof evaluation technique to create a financial plan that lets you enjoy your golden years worry-free (3:09)
- The reason why the vast majority of Baby Boomers return to the workforce (hint: it’s not financial difficulties) (6:53)
- How asking yourself what you want to be when you “grow up” helps you find more fulfillment in your Golden Years (even if you’re over 65) (8:19)
- How to seek help if you need to course-correct your retirement (and why you shouldn’t do it by yourself) (12:10)
Thinking about what your typical week in retirement will look like? Download our Ideal Week in Retirement planner.