I’m surprised by how few executives know how to use exploratory interviews to their advantage.
This is a great tool to learn new industries and discover unpublished opportunities in your field. Plus, it’s the best way to put yourself out there without declaring you are looking for a job!
An exploratory interview can play an instrumental role in your career advances… and, as a job seeker, you really need to learn how to use it the right way.
For this reason, today’s episode focuses on everything you need to know – and do! – before you set up your next informational interview with companies you’re interested in.
- The reason why companies love informational interviews even if they don't have a job opening right now! (3:54)
- How to turn the interview into a powerful networking tool and create opportunities for you. (4:44)
- What you must do immediately after you identify a company you want to explore. (5:40)
- How to ask for referrals without feeling awkward about it. (6:15)
- A word-for-word cold call letter example you can use for your own cold calling. (7:23)
- A four-item checklist to help you prepare for your next exploratory interview. (8:59)
- One question you must never ask during interviews. (9:56)
These interviews can be a great tool you can use to stay in demand before you need it. Plus, once you learn how to do them right, you’ll discover how easy it is to set one up any time you find a company you’re interested in!
And if there’s additional job landing knowledge gaps you need to fill… go to http://joblandingquiz.com, take our quiz, and get your free training today.
Ready to know more? Start listening now!