Here’s the truth: Ageism in job search is real.
This doesn’t mean you should drop your towel and give up.
On the contrary… You should deal with this as you do with any other challenges you face in business.
Assume ageism happens and address it as best as you can, head on.
The best place to start? Your LinkedIn profile!
In this episode you’ll discover how to fix your LinkedIn profile so you always come across as current, avoid having discussions about your age… and make sure you’re only ever evaluated on your achievements alone.
In short: This episode will teach you how to make your profile ageless.
- What to do when you think you’re experiencing age bias. (5:04)
- Two common statements you must avoid if you don’t want to come across as “old” or “dated”. (5:49)
- When bragging about your past achievements can backfire on you and make you look old. (6:53)
- One word that can make hiring managers think “French fries” instead of “I want to hire this person!” (Warning: This word is so common chances are it’s in your profile right now!) (7:06)
- Latest trends for keeping your LinkedIn profile modern. (You’d be surprised how much they changed in the last 3 years!) (7:36)
- How to be “ageless” on LinkedIn without hiding or lying about your age. (8:07)
- Language that makes you look and sound old. (8:35)
- What is LinkedIn profile’s “Kiss Of Death” and how to avoid it. (8:45)
Go to linkedinprofilecheatsheet.com, download your free LinkedIn profile cheat sheet copy… and get ready to rejuvenate your profile today.
Start listening now!