Want to have a little fun? Try this with the resident trainer at your local gym. Next time you see him, ask him how the seven different biological systems adapt to imposed demands. Ask him how those adaptations work in conjunction with the Fitness Pizza Pie to wrap up into the broader goal of achieving holistic training.
The fact is, most run of the mill trainers don’t know any of this stuff. They can hold a stopwatch and yell at you to run until you puke, but unless you find the balance between stressing every single one of your 7 bodily systems and everything else on the Fitness Pizza Pie, you’re never going to see the full potential of your strength and health. Here’s what you need to know about these seven systems …
Highlights from today’s show:
– First, a note about fear and mastering your mind to recognize where fear comes from (1:11)
– A quick review of the Fitness Pizza Pie from last time. Each of these slices correlates to health and strength in your 7 bodily fitness systems (4:51)
– News flash! Training effects everybody differently. Why recognizing this actually makes planning for your training and nutrition much more simple (5:59)
– Without further adieu, the 7 fitness bodily systems are … (6:19)
– Training is all about creating adaptation to imposed demands. For the best health and strength, you’ve got to stress every one of your bodily fitness systems, but you also can’t neglect to do this … (9:03)
Sleep, relax, play and learn …
I know I keep hammering this, but I just want to make sure you hear it here, because you’re likely not hearing it anywhere else. When life gets crazy with work and obligations, you may be able to get to the gym and eat right, but neglecting your sleep, relaxation, play and learning is like planting a palm tree in Antarctica. Don’t sabotage your health and strength for any reason. You’re a much better worker and all-around person when you’re strong and healthy.
Ok. That’s it for me on my soapbox. Thanks for listening today. I hope you enjoyed it. Please leave the show a review on iTunes, and like me on Facebook: facebook.com/KyleNewellFitnessExpert.
Enjoy your Fitness Pizza Pie, stress your 7 bodily fitness systems and win your week! You’re stronger than you know!
If you have show suggestions or an interesting idea you want me to talk about, please contact me at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also leave a comment or review on today’s show. We love hearing from you!