Man! Is it me or are people just making some off-the-wall decisions when it comes to what nutrition advice to follow. I honestly wonder what the heck most people are thinking, then I realize, most people aren’t. And that’s the problem.
But not for you, my diligent listener. You’re thinking for yourself, which is probably why you’re here. You’ve probably realized that the advice most “nutrition experts” give isn’t getting people anywhere. And that’s what I want to talk about with you today: The Four Biggest Nutrition Mistakes I see people making, and why you should avoid them.
Today’s show highlights:
- Two assets you have that can’t be taken from you that nevertheless must be protected at all times (1:14)
- Gaining power over your life is as simple as gaining power over your words. Here is what you absolutely MUST begin to say (2:30)
- Related to the previous point, you’re getting EXACTLY what you should get out of your life – why understanding this gives you all the power you need to change (3:01)
- Four Big Nutrition Mistakes:
- Don’t ever diet! Restricting calories will actually make you get fatter. Do this instead … (03:52)
- Why seeking to lower your cholesterol with low-fat foods could be actually causing your body significant harm. (5:57)
- You went light on the salt. Don’t skimp! … And don’t believe the hype that sodium is bad for you. Here’s why … (8:20)
- Cutting protein. You’re literally cutting “that which comes first.” Fill your plate, but don’t forget the macronutrients … (9:55)
Why do experts try to complicate things?
You’d think to be an expert, one would be good at taking the complex and making it more simple. When did that become the opposite? As you heard, nutrition and mindset are interconnected. Getting your body what it needs and sticking with a plan to get it in the best way possible is as simple as understanding how to influence yourself to make good choices.
Log on to my Facebook page: facebook.com/KyleNewellFitnessExpert, and drop me a message or a post if you need help with this.
Thanks for listening! If you enjoyed it, please leave the show a review.
I’ll get with you next time. Until then, you’re stronger than you know!
- Kyle Newell